I'm back! Maybe...

Hello blog world! I'm back...for at least this one post.  I want to blog more, but obviously I want to do other things even more.

A lot has happened since I last blogged, but I'm not going to list it all out because it would either be a dreadfully boring list devoid of the exciting details or it would be a terribly long post with paragraph after paragraph of every little thing I could remember.  So instead, I'm just going to tell you our latest big news.



We are pregnant!  Our little bug is due July 25 and we couldn't be more excited!

I am currently 21 weeks along (that's about 4 and a half months) so I am a little more than halfway done baking this baby!

We had the opportunity to find out our baby's gender yesterday and we (more like I) decided to give in to the calls of Pinterest and have a little gender reveal party with our family.

We bought cheap-o necklaces in pink and blue from Zurchers and I made a cute little decorative sign.  

Yesterday morning we had our ultrasound and had the technician seal the gender in an envelope that we Michael then delivered to The Chocolate where he works.  The head baker there was nice enough to frost the cake that day and color the inside frosting either pink or blue.

It was a long day at work waiting for the big reveal.  I almost died. drama queen

We had all of our family from around here meet at my parents house and everyone voted with their necklaces.  I thought our little bug was a boy and Michael thought it was a girl.  Most everyone thought it was a girl actually.  The only boy votes came from me, my brother Zach, my brother-in-law Jared, and my nephew Beckham.

Well, we cut the cake and...



It's a girl!  We are thrilled to welcome one of God's precious daughters into our family and so glad we can stop referring to our baby as 'it'.


Comments

  1. Haha, your last comment made me laugh outloud--I also hated referring to Lily as an "it" before we knew what gender she was. :) Also, I love the cake gender reveal thing, so cute (even if very pinterest-y)! I'm so happy for you both, you're going to be such a fun and good mom! Big adventures are in store for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Oogle Google Google of Time

Thought burst

A lot on my mind...