Never thought I would be this person, then Domo Social happened

If you checked out my vlog then you'll know that my company is performing a social networking experiment.  (If you want to know more check out domo.com/social).  Those of my readers who have been with me for a while will know that I am notorious for not proof-reading any of my posts.  I don't really care to.  This blog is for me, and it's where I can be completely real.  Real people don't write the perfect post the first time and real people make typos.  Whatever.  I'm sure it drives the English majors crazy, but I'm not making anyone be here.  

Well, up until now that refusal to proof-read and revise my content on social media has been pretty solid and has spread across most sites.  However, today I find myself struggling to form the perfect tweet.  Normally and idea sprouts in my head and I put it on the internet and that's that.  Not this idea.  I've been doing this mental revising all morning, trying to make the words flow and trying to get that out there in 140 characters.  

Domo social has turned me into a social reviser and I have mixed feelings about this.  I've always prided myself on being real.  I'm real when I'm face to face with people and I'm real on the internet.  I don't want credit for something I don't deserve, and I don't want to take blame for something I didn't do.  Revising and perfecting my social content is a way to try to hide those flaws that make me so beautifully real.  But on the other hand it is a way to present my best self.  I guess with revisions my content will always have room for improvement so that doesn't remove the imperfections.  Granted, I'm not the best of writers so even if I did revise until I thought it was perfect, it still wouldn't be. 

I'm not sure how this will change me in the long run.  Currently, I'm not interested in pouring over all of my ideas and molding them to perfection, but I think every once in a while it could be fun to show the world what I can really do and give them my best work, however imperfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oogle Google Google of Time

A lot on my mind...

Thought burst